Our Physiotherapists can treat a wide variety of medical conditions. Some conditions that can benefit from physiotherapy treatment are:
- Cardiopulmonary conditions, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis (CF) and post-myocardial infarction (MI)
- Hand therapy for conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome and trigger finger
- Musculoskeletal dysfunction such as back pain, rotator cuff tears, and temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ)
- Neurological conditions such as stroke, spinal cord injuries, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, vestibular dysfunction, and traumatic brain injuries
- Paediatric conditions such as developmental delays, cerebral palsy, and muscular dystrophy
- Sports-related injuries, such as concussion and tennis elbow
- Women’s health and pelvic floor dysfunction, such as urinary incontinence and lymphedema
Other cases that may benefit include burns, wound care, and diabetic ulcers.
Benefits of physical therapy
Depending on the reason for treatment, the benefits of physical therapy include:
- Pain management with reduced need for opioids
- Avoiding surgery
- Improved mobility and movement
- Recovery from injury or trauma
- Recovery from stroke or paralysis
- Fall prevention
- Improved balance
- Management of age-related medical problems
A sports physiotherapist can help an athlete to maximize their performance through strengthening specific parts of the body and using muscles in new ways.
Our physiotherapist can advise individuals about the benefits specific to their personal medical history and their need for treatment.