About the Role: (Graduate-Mid) Speech therapist $65,000 – $85,000 per annum
Speech Pathologist role will include performing patient assessments, developing individual treatment plans, liaising with teachers, family members, and other healthcare professionals, administering therapy and monitoring progress, and ensuring patients and their families are informed of new treatments and therapy techniques. You should also be able to work with patients from different backgrounds and be willing to make house calls. You should also be able to travel and have your own vehicle.
- Assessing, diagnosing, screening, and preventing language, speech, and swallowing disorders.
- Communicating with the patient, and liaising with their family members, physicians, and teachers to design effective treatment plans.
- Using tried and tested therapies in combination with new, innovative communicating techniques to provide the best care.
- Keeping up-to-date with advancements in the field by attending conferences, conducting research, and expanding professional and academic networks.
- Educating patients and their families on speech disorders and available therapies.
- Taking detailed notes on patient history and progress.
- Providing mentoring and workshops to speech therapy students.
- Evaluating patient progress and implementing changes to therapy programs as required.
Working hours are flexible and are designated as per your availability. A chance to work in your free time (weekends, public holidays).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Speech Therapy or Speech-language Pathology.
- Relevant license and certification from SPA.
- Experience with certain disorders and age groups may be required.
- Sound understanding of speech-related disorders and treatments.
- Familiarity with database management software.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to conduct research and travel to conferences.
- Fuel Compensation
- Paid Christmas Leave
- Workplace perks such as flexible work schedules, food and coffee
- Incentives for referrals